Emergency management coordinators have responsibilities that include planning for hazard mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery in local communities.
The Benzie County Office of Emergency Management plans and coordinates with all public safety agencies as well as non-governmental organizations to provide for the safety of every resident, employee, and visitor in Benzie County. Local preparedness is managed through regular surveillance, training, planning, practice drills and review of emergency policies and procedures.
Benzie County Office of Emergency Management on Facebook
Location / Address
448 Court Place
Beulah, MI 49617
Rebecca Hubers became the new Emergency Management Coordinator for Benzie County effective July 15, 2019. Rebecca comes with 19 years experience as a Conservation Officer for the Michigan Department of Natural Resources. During her career in the MDNR, she has participated in multiple incident command training sessions, has been involved in multiple search and rescue missions and has served as a valued team member for other natural disaster responses.
The role of Benzie County Emergency Management is to protect the lives and property of citizens before a disaster strikes through preparedness, training and mitigation, and to reduce human suffering after a disaster strikes through prompt and effective coordination of the County's response and recovery efforts utilizing the expertise and resources of federal, state, local agencies and voluntary relief organizations.
2015 Benzie County Natural Hazards Mitigation Plan
Local Emergency Planning Committee and Local Planning Team Meetings
Related Web Links
- Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA)
- State of Michigan Emergency Management
- National Weather Service Office-Gaylord
- Benzie County Office of Emergency Management on Facebook
- Almira Township Fire and EMS
- Almira Township Fire and EMS (Facebook)
- Benzie County Central Dispatch
- Benzie County Emergency Medical Services
- Benzie County Sheriff's Office
- Benzonia Township Fire Department (Facebook)
- City of Frankfort Fire Department
- City of Frankfort Fire Department (Facebook)
- City of Frankfort Police Department
- Homestead Township Fire Department (Facebook)
- Inland Township Fire Department
- Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore (Laws and Policies)
- Thompsonville Fire and Rescue (Facebook)
PROTECT THE ONES YOU LOVE
Smart911 is a free, new service available in Benzie County to help you when you call 9-1-1. Once you've signed up, first responders will be aware of important information you have provided that will help them address your emergency. This information - including medical issues, current location and even pets - can help Police, Fire and EMS locate and help you.
- A Free Service - Provided to you by Benzie County Central Dispatch
- Private and Secure - You control your information
- Saves Time in an Emergency - When Seconds Count
Emergency and Advisory Notifications
Benzie County Office of Emergency Management utilizes CodeRED to notify citizens of events and emergencies in the community. CodeRED enables real-time, communication through text, email, voice messages, social media, and the CodeRED mobile app.
Sign up for emergency and advisory notifications in Benzie County by filling out the information below:
For the Mobile App go click on the photo below.